Compass (CLIENT EXPERIENCE)
Background: Compass is a billion dollar startup with a mission of building the first modern real estate brokerage, pairing the industry’s top talent with technology to make the search and sell experience intelligent and seamless.
Collections is a collaborative tool for brokers to communicate and streamline the search of the perfect home for their clients. In a nutshell, it's a Pinterest board inspired tool for users
Problem: Our users (Real Estate Brokers) wanted to find an easier way to collaborate with their clients in finding the perfect home without using so many different avenues for communication.
Hypothesis: Create a visual platform for the Real Estate Brokers to easily use for communication and organization with their clients on the home-finding process.
My Role: Usability Testing and Wireframing
Collaborated and coordinated with Product Designer and interviewed users for behavior trends, usability, and A/B testing
Who are our users?
Real Estate Brokers and Home Buyers
We interviewed 6 different users. A mix of female and male real estate brokers who have various capabilities in technology.
- Measure usability of our collection features: saving listings to client collections, adding comments & viewing activity
- Provide key findings & insights for design improvement
- Save listing to a collection
- review and reply to comments
- view and add notes
- view activity
“The star icon- I’m thinking something obvious like a big B or something to do with boards.” - Joe
“Visually I’m very happy [with this panel].” - Jim
- All agents were able to save listings to collections with minimal help
- All agents were pleased with the overall aesthetic of the UI and felt familiar with it
- 5 out of 6 agents didn't understand what the icons represented
- 5 out of 6 agents didn't know where drafts were saved and how to locate the drafts button
After going through testing, I gathered up all the trends in the interviews with pain points and needs and came up with a user persona that represented our users as a whole.
I was asked to do wireframes for notifications of the Collections Tool. I have different variations of a notification panel- Starting from a very simple layout to a panel with visuals/features.
- User testing on potential home buyers. They are a different use case and persona than real estate brokers. Find out their reaction on Collections tool and how we can improve it for their experience and benefit
- Are users using this tool and if not what is their hold back?